Animals are sentient, intelligent, perceptive, funny and entertaining. We owe them a duty of care as we do to children. – Michael Morpurgo
A pawesome day be with you! Rosso, our resident dog, knows you’re excited to join your parents on your Wow Factor Houseboat Holiday. For sure, as a dog parent, you’re worried about your best buddy’s safety while swimming freely on the river. Worry no more! Wow Factor provides a water escape ramp whereby your dog can climb out of the river back to the houseboat with ease.
Thread the rope (through the holes in the ramp):
- For pools with any overhanging edge/coping, thread the rope through the lower/farther holes (under the Skamper-Ramp logo). If your pool edge is flush with the pool wall, use the upper holes.
- Tie a simple know where the rope emerges from each side of the ramp to prevent the ramp from shifting when in use. Note: It is imperative that the rope be threaded so the ramp rests as snug as possible against the vertical wall of the pool. If you have any doubt, thread the rope through the lower holes!
Attach D-Ring Clips to Deck:
There is no “one” right way, however, we suggest that you:
- Find a spot visible from all parts of the pool- this could be next to built-in steps (as training mechanism), farther down a sidewall, or beside the skimmer basket.
- Screw the D-ring clips into deck surface/coping with the D-ring clip’s flat side down, using 1/4″ stainless steel pan-head screws 1.25″ long into a masonry anchor. The anchors should be positioned approximately 3-6″ from the pool/deck edge, and approximately 11″ apart, assuring that the ropes will be parallel when tied through the D-ring clips.
Attach Ramp to D-rings:
- Thread the rope ends through each mounted D-ring clip, then the washer and pull/position the ramp as snugly against the wall as possible before knotting the rope, all while making sure that a few inches of the “nose” end of the ramp are submerged. (The washer assures that the knot does not pull through the D-ring).
- Be sure to tighten the mounting ropes on a regular basis, keeping the box-end of the ramp as snug against the pool wall as possible and the nose end a bit submerged.
Easy to train your dog
While wild animals seem to know instinctively how to use the Skamper-Ramp in an emergency, some of our domesticated pets need to be shown. We suggest taking your dog into the pool with you and helping it learn how to climb out of the pool using the Skamper-Ramp.
- Place a treat on the upper part of the ramp and the deck just beyond. This will encourage your dog to go up and get the treat.
- We also suggest there be two people, one on the deck with treats calling the dog out of the water, and one in the water to guide the dog. It may take several tries but it’s worth it!
Source: Skamper-Ramp Assembly Instructions
There are a lot of reasons why Wow Factor is your best Murray Houseboat choice for having that ‘wow’ houseboat holiday experience. But we can list the key highlights of what’s in store for you:
- This double-storey 12 berth houseboat is one of the few Murray houseboats with a rear-facing kitchen and dining plus driving upstairs or downstairs. With five separate living and entertainment spaces, plus five washrooms, there is room for everyone to experience a WOW Factor houseboat holiday.
- The Rear Kitchen – this is what makes WOW Factor unique. We challenge you to find another 2-story rear-facing houseboat with rear kitchen and dining decor self-drive. A truly guaranteed wow-factor experience!
- Yes, Wow Factor is dog-friendly with conditions as we care about your dog almost as much as you do! Rosso, our Cavalier King Charles even has his own life jacket for extended times in the river or when he comes on an inflatable SUP for an early morning paddle.
- Wow Factor is child-friendly! Vacationing with children can be a daunting task – packing lists, grumpy children and the horrors of “I’m bored”. Let Wow Houseboats help you plan and achieve that wow factor holiday of your dreams with ease.
- We’re the only houseboat offering the ultimate one-way wow-factor 7-day journey. For more information, please refer to the Brochures link below or email us back stating your interest with regards to this booking.
- Experience celebrating any wow-factor moment with Wow Houseboats and score some exclusive deals perfect for your celebration. Birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, Christmas/New Year’s Eve; name it, we have it – Wow Factor complements any celebration with colourful LED lights that can be easily programmed with a touch of remote control or app – no other houseboat has lights like this!
What are you waiting for? Experience “WOW” with Wow Houseboats today. Plan your Wow Holiday with us.