Dreaming of a houseboat holiday soon? We bet that all of us love the idea of waking up to picturesque views of the River Murray while on a houseboat. But come to think of it. When it comes to holidays, we all love the idea of houseboat holidays – they’re luxurious, a breadth of fresh air, giving you the opportunity to experience the hidden gems the Mighty Murray River has to offer.
Check out our seven beautiful reasons why we can’t help but fall in love with houseboat holidays below:
The Murray is the third longest travelable river in the world, next to Amazon and the Nile, and covers three states – Victoria, New South Wales, and South Australia. According to Visit the Murray, “the beautiful Murray River is part peaceful retreat and part aquatic playground, providing endless fun in and on the water.” The river in itself, is a perfect houseboat holiday destination with all the things it has to offer. Isn’t that the very first reason why to go on a houseboat holiday?
Even if it’s a short weekend or a seven-day itinerary, we all wanted to be pampered and splurged with all the finest features and amenities a houseboat has to offer. If you love cooking and would like to bring a piece of your passion while on a houseboat holiday – you will certainly check for that “astonishing “ look of the kitchen.
You will certainly fall in love with Wow Factor’s rear-facing kitchen with a picturesque view of the river. The rear kitchen – this is what makes WOW Factor unique. We challenge you to find another 2-story rear-facing houseboat with a rear kitchen and dining self-drive boat on the Murray River. View all the features and amenities here.
It’s not all nature and fun water activities that we can experience when houseboating. Some of us would be curious about history and how things have changed since then. Step back and fall in love with history as we bring you to the Ngaut Ngaut Aboriginal Site – a well-known attraction when houseboating in the River Murray. The historical site offers a walkthrough of the rich culture and resourcefulness of Australia’s indigenous people.
It’s also a must-try to visit and celebrate great food and wine with the over 100 years old Pretoria Hotel located at the heart of Mannum. The hotel’s rich history brings you to that 1956 flood marker when you head to the bar which was totally underwater.
Who would have not fallen in love yet with the darkest skies and brightest stars the River Murray Dark Sky Reserve has to offer? Enjoy stargazing while appreciating the beauty of the Big Bend By Night straight from your houseboat. According to Good Living, the River Murray Dark Sky Reserve is the first of its kind in Australia and only the 16th in the world.
The co-owner of Wow Houseboats has known Big Bend By Night for 30 years and highly recommends you to grab one of their famous tours – the Dark Sky Night Tour. Hurry and book in advance and watch out for River Marker 229, the only odd number river marker on the Murray River. Pull up at this location for a fun night with Big Bend at Night!
What’s a houseboat holiday without great food and wine? Adelaide Hills is the perfect spot for great food experiences that can be enjoyed by you and your loved ones. Adelaide Hills opens to more than 50 cellar doors where wine tasting is only the beginning of a great gastronomic experience.
Love nature and wildlife? Set foot at Monarto Safari Park and watch the lions, cheetahs and zebras freely roaming around the 1,500-hectare open-range sanctuary. If you’re into motorsports, on the other hand, you will definitely love the Adrenaline Junkie Tour that includes a visit at the Bend Motorsport Park – a state-of-the-art motorsport facility located at the heart of Tailem Bend. Come and see why they were awarded the 2019 International Motorsport Facility of the Year!
Houseboating is not the only thing that holidayers can do while on water. Definitely, any age will fall in love with the variety of water activities the river has to offer. Choose from kayaking, water skiing, barefooting and even fishing right at the back of your houseboat! Wow Factor can book jet skis and ski boats for you. Learn wakeboarding, barefooting, water skiing, and even knee boarding without any hassle! Hire the boat / driver / coach between 2 to 8 hours a day. Just let us know and we will then arrange this for you.
There are a lot of reasons why Wow Factor is your best Murray Houseboat choice for having that ‘wow’ houseboat holiday experience. But we can list the key highlights of what’s in store for you:
- This double-storey 12 berth houseboat is one of the few Murray houseboats with a rear-facing kitchen and dining plus driving upstairs or downstairs. With five separate living and entertainment spaces, plus five washrooms, there is room for everyone to experience a WOW Factor houseboat holiday.
- The Rear Kitchen – this is what makes WOW Factor unique. We challenge you to find another 2-story rear-facing houseboat with rear kitchen and dining decor self-drive. A truly guaranteed wow-factor experience!
- Yes, Wow Factor is dog-friendly with conditions as we care about your dog almost as much as you do! Rosso, our Cavalier King Charles even has his own life jacket for extended times in the river or when he comes on an inflatable SUP for an early morning paddle.
- Wow Factor is child-friendly! Vacationing with children can be a daunting task – packing lists, grumpy children and the horrors of “I’m bored”. Let Wow Houseboats help you plan and achieve that wow factor holiday of your dreams with ease.
- We’re the only houseboat offering the ultimate one-way wow-factor 7-day journey. For more information, please refer to the Brochures link below or email us back stating your interest with regards to this booking.
- Experience celebrating any wow-factor moment with Wow Houseboats and score some exclusive deals perfect for your celebration. Birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, Christmas/New Year’s Eve; name it, we have it – Wow Factor complements any celebration with colourful LED lights that can be easily programmed with a touch of remote control or app – no other houseboat has lights like this!
What are you waiting for? Experience “WOW” with Wow Houseboats today. Plan your Wow Holiday with us.