- All occupants of the vessel will be greeted and provided with a comprehensive handover for using the vessel.
- All occupants are required to read and sign a hire agreement prior to departure. Anyone under 18 years of age requires the signature of a parent or guardian.
- The management reserves the right to refuse any hire without stating any grounds for refusal or termination or converting from hire to static hire, should the driver/s be deemed incompetent after sufficient instruction by our staff.
- The person hiring the boat must be over 21 years and have a full driver’s license.
- All people driving the boat must be over 18 years of age and have a full driver’s license.
- The number of people on board is limited to the number of berths allowed by AMSA regulations. A child over the age of 12 months is counted as one person.
- A three-day minimum hire is required; during peak season, a seven-day minimum hire applies.
- Hirers can embark from 3:00 pm on the day of departure and must disembark by 10:00 am on the final day.
- Arrivals after 5:00 pm may be required to remain at Riverglen Marina until the following morning, depending on daylight savings times. Under no circumstances can the boat be driven at night.
- The houseboat must be returned in a good clean condition or an extra cleaning charge will apply. Smoking inside the houseboat is not allowed and additional cleaning fees will apply.
- Firearms, axes, chainsaws and trail bikes are strictly prohibited.
- Additional electrical appliances may only be brought onto the boat subject to prior approval by management.
- All occupants will be required to check in using the COVID Safe QR code at the marina reception prior to boarding.
Conditions of Hire
- Wow Houseboats tailors packages to suit your needs. A deposit of 25% of the total fee is required within 7 days to confirm your booking.
- At extra peak periods such as Christmas, New Year, and Easter, we require a 50% deposit and hires payable to us within 3 days to confirm your booking.
- Final payments are required 8 weeks prior to departure.
- For last-minute bookings less than 8 weeks away, we request full payment within 7 days.
- Payments can be made via EFT (VISA facilities coming soon).
- All payments must be paid prior to your holiday departure.
- The prices published on our website and on HHA are subject to change without prior notice. After a reservation deposit has been paid, the price quoted will not change.
- Wow Factor is a high-end boat, which we want to keep to high standards. To ensure the boat remains a wow-factor experience for the next customer, we ask for between $1,500 to $2,500 security bond. An additional $250 bond is required for dogs (please see Important Message from Rosso for more information).
- Bonds will be returned within ten working days after the completion of your hire less the cost of fuel.
- Additional charges may be incurred if the vessel is not left in good order and condition. If you exceed the bond paid, you will receive a tax invoice with the amount outstanding to be paid.
- In the event of significant damage/loss to the vessel resulting in an Insurance Claim being lodged, you will be liable for the $5,000 insurance excess. We recommend you consider additional travel insurance or boat charter insurance to reduce the excess. You will be liable for minor damage that is not claimable on insurance.
- By payment of the Security Bond, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions stipulated in this document regardless of whether you have signed or not.
Should COVID restrictions mean that you are no longer able to travel and must cancel your holiday, we are offering a full deferral of dates to a comparable time without penalty (no cancellation or administration charges apply). Customers will be provided with a credit for up to 24 months. In some cases, a refund may be offered, so please contact us for more details.
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of two (2) months prior to the commencement of the hire for a refund to be payable.
- Refunds of deposit for cancellations made less than two (2) months prior to the commencement of the hire will be made when the boat has been hired for the same period at the same price.
- A cancellation fee of $100 will apply.
In the event of unfavourable river conditions or any unforeseen circumstances, causing danger to the river craft, Wow Houseboats reserve the right to re-arrange the booking. This may include changing the booking to static hire. In the case of static hire due to unforeseen circumstances, a discount of 25% will be applied. Every effort will be made to give notice in advance if such circumstances arise.