Formerly based in Renmark, where she was booked out 75% of the time (prior to our renovation), she has moved to a new home at the heart of RiverGlen Marina. Coined as the boat lovers’ paradise, the RiverGlen Marina is a full-service marina that offers a variety of riverfront and basin accommodations.
Wow Factor is the only hire/drive houseboat moored at Riverglen, which is the closest South Australian hire/drive houseboat marina to Melbourne or Adelaide. Driving 3 hours to Renmark from Adelaide or 8 hours from Melbourne dilutes the Wow Factor holiday memories.
With COVID and now significant restrictions regarding the new fruit fly legislation and fines, traveling between Mannum and Renmark on a car or on a houseboat with fruit on board, plus the travel time, reduces the Wow Factor experience, but the choice is yours!
Car Parking Fee
There is a $10 per car/trailer per day in the lock-up facility. Long termparking is not permitted on the reserve for hire vessels.
To ensure compliance with Wow Houseboats’ parking regulations, guests are required to park their vehicles in the designated area near the toilet block. Failure to do so may result in a fine.
Please note the following instructions when parking your car:
- When arriving, guests may choose to reverse their cars in front of the toilet block to unload their items.
- The Wow Houseboats team will advise guests where to park their cars appropriately until they are moved into the lock-up area.
- Guests will have a car park key during their hire, and cars should not be parked in the reserve overnight if guests stay at the show-out area on the first or last night of their booking.
- Do not park in or obstruct access to neighboring berths, the marina roadway, or exceed the speed limit of 10 km/h.
- Additional vehicles, including caravans and trailers, must be parked in the lock-up car park.
Please note if there has been heavy rain, the marina and locations along the river may have areas with mud, we, therefore, recommend suitable footwear, i.e., boots, gum boots, or similar.
Returning the boat back to the show-out area
Guests are advised to return to the car park on foot and drive their cars to the temporary car park in time to unload their personal belongings ready for the 10 a.m. departure.