Who says that going on a houseboat holiday is only best done during summer? Cruising the Mighty Murray River, packed with cosy and exciting activities during winter is as good, if not a better experience when compared with the usual summer getaway. Want to know why? Bring your pen and take notes as Wow Houseboats lists our top reasons why winter is the best time to go on a houseboat holiday.
During off-season months, the majority of houseboat rentals offer packages that bring the cost of hiring a houseboat down to a special deal. Here at Wow Houseboats, we make sure that you only experience the best by creating a ‘WOW Factor’ Holiday of your dreams. We specially offer tailored packages to achieve this. Contact us to learn more.
Since the majority of holidayers go on a houseboat during summer, the winter season is probably the best time to go as there’s more room on the water. In effect, winter holidayers to the Murray River often feel that they have the entire river to themselves! Isn’t that an amazing feeling? Indeed, winter is also the best time for first-time hirers, giving them more space to explore and operate the houseboat without being anxious with other holidayers on the river.
Attention Fishing Enthusiasts! Winter is indeed the only time it’s permitted to fish for the famous Murray spiny freshwater crayfish (the second-largest freshwater cray in the world!). Although you need to have a licence and are restricted with the quantity and size of crays you can catch, claiming that award-winning catch will definitely reward you with a sweet fish cooked on a campfire. Wow Houseboats offers a list of add-ons to your houseboat holiday from camping essentials to fishing rods and so on. Contact us to learn more. (Photo of Murray Spiny Freshwater Crayfish, courtesy of Victorian Recreational Fishing Peak Body)
There’s no other way to enjoy an overnight camping experience like on the shores of the Riverland. The winter season is an ideal time for an evening cookout while camping comfortably under the stars. Don’t know where to camp? Check the River Camp Caravan and Camping Map here.
It’s not only the scenic views of the river that will make you satisfied but also the abundance of great food and wine along with your houseboat holiday. Feast around and be satisfied gastronomically from cafe-hopping to wine tasting. Check the River Tastes Food and Beverage Trail here.
Winter sunsets in the Riverland offer a spectacular view of the sky and the river. The shades of purple, orange, pink and blue color the sky and mirror this view on the surface of the water. There are various areas to watch the sunset – but the best view comes from the relaxing outdoor entertaining area of a houseboat. Check out Wow Factor’s outdoor entertaining space suited for that spectacular view of the river here.
A number of excellent wineries spread across the Riverland are great places to visit during the winter months. Riverland’s vineyards often go beyond your “typical” wine experience. Here at Wow Houseboats, we offer houseboat hirers with package tours that bring you the wow factor experience coupled with activities suited for any age. Contact us for more information.
There are a lot of reasons why Wow Factor is your best Murray Houseboat choice for having that ‘wow’ houseboat holiday experience. But we can list the key highlights of what’s in store for you:
- This double-storey 12 berth houseboat is one of the few Murray houseboats with a rear-facing kitchen and dining plus driving upstairs or downstairs. With five separate living and entertainment spaces, plus five washrooms, there is room for everyone to experience a WOW Factor houseboat holiday.
- The Rear Kitchen – this is what makes WOW Factor unique. We challenge you to find another 2-story rear-facing houseboat with rear kitchen and dining decor self-drive. A truly guaranteed wow-factor experience!
- Yes, Wow Factor is dog-friendly with conditions as we care about your dog almost as much as you do! Rosso, our Cavalier King Charles even has his own life jacket for extended times in the river or when he comes on an inflatable SUP for an early morning paddle.
- Wow Factor is child-friendly! Vacationing with children can be a daunting task – packing lists, grumpy children and the horrors of “I’m bored”. Let Wow Houseboats help you plan and achieve that wow factor holiday of your dreams with ease.
- We’re the only houseboat offering the ultimate one-way wow-factor 7-day journey. For more information, please refer to the Brochures link below or email us back stating your interest with regards to this booking.
- Experience celebrating any wow-factor moment with Wow Houseboats and score some exclusive deals perfect for your celebration. Birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, Christmas/New Year’s Eve; name it, we have it – Wow Factor complements any celebration with colourful LED lights that can be easily programmed with a touch of remote control or app – no other houseboat has lights like this!
What are you waiting for? Experience “WOW” with Wow Houseboats today. Plan your Wow Holiday with us.